What does a Utah Concealed Carry Permit do that a PA CCW does not?

A PA Resident Permit with a Utah Non-Resident Permit will give you the advantage of being able to conceal carry in more states.  The Utah Non-Resident Permit with your PA CCW allows you to carry in 35 States:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

What does adding Arizona Non-Resident Permit Cost and what does it get me?   

It costs just and additional $10. This includes two additional finger print cards for Arizona, as well as the application. With that and in conjunction with your PA Resident Permit and Arizona Non-Resident Permit will give you the additional states of carry: New Mexico & Nevada

Click HERE to see reciprocity map

Do I need my PA CCW Permit before I can take the class? 

No. You can take the class and obtain everything needed to obtain your UTAH/AZ permits; you just won’t be able to mail them in until you receive your PA permit. After you have received the PA CCW permit you will simply make copies of it to send with your packets to Utah or Arizona. You have up to one year to send your paperwork into either Utah or Arizona.

What are the requirements to get a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit?

You must attend our Utah Concealed Firearm Permit course and receive a stamped application form from our instructor. As part of this course we will also assist you in putting together an application packet, which includes three full fingerprint cards, a 2×2 passport photo and a photocopy of your driver license. Non residents must pay $49 to Utah when submitting the application.

  • Must be 21 years of age or older;
  • Must not have been convicted of a felony;
  • Must not have been convicted of a crime of violence;
  • Must not have been convicted of an offense involving the use of alcohol;
  • Must not have been convicted of an offense involving the unlawful use of narcotics or controlled substance;
  • Must not have been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude;
  • Must not have been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence;
  • Must not have been adjudicated mentally incompetent by a state or federal court as mentally incompetent unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed;
  • Must not have been involved in incidents using unlawful violence or threats of unlawful violence;
  • Must not be currently subjected to a court sanctioned protective order;
  • Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces;
  • Must not be illegally or unlawfully in the United States as an alien;
  • Must not have renounced citizenship having once been a citizen of the United States.

Note: You will be able to get a permit if the incident was not a felony and took place more than: 3 years ago for class C, 4 years for class B, and 5 years for class A misdemeanors. Include a letter of explanation and any paperwork about the incident with your application.

How much does it cost?

The class fee is $75 – $100 depending on location, which includes fingerprinting during class, 2X2 passport photo, and application.  State processing fees not included, see below.

What is there extra cost to obtain the permits?

Both UT & AZ have permit fees; which you will need to pay to the state of Utah and Arizona, Utah is $49 for first 5 years and then renews every 5 yrs for $15 and Arizona is $60 for the first 5 years and then renews every 5 yrs for $43.

How long is the course?

The course length is about four hours, but may go over.

Does Hawkins Tactical issue the permit?

No, we provide you with the required training needed. The permits are issued by the state of Utah and Arizona when they receive the materials provided to you in class.

How long does it take to receive my Concealed Carry Permits?

Upon submitting your application by mail you should receive it within 60 days

Do I need a Firearm for the class?

No, it is all classroom.  No firearm is needed.  We prefer you do not bring them as some locations do not permit them in the facilities.